Friday, June 28, 2013

Scor-Pal and Heartfelt Creations with Diane Zechman

This week the Scor-Pal team joined the Heartfelt Creations DT to share projects combining their awesome products. For today I created an Easel Card with some UTEE flowers and a lovely HC die with matching stamps. Here's a pic of the card when "opened", with the "shutters" open as well...  


  And here it is closed, flat.
 

 I used my Scor-Pal to make the Easel Card base. Directions can be found here. The background is a brick embossing folder. I also used the Stay Put Craft Mat to make my UTEE flowers. This mat is a great work surface for your inks and paints but it is also heat resistant which makes it awesome for working with hot UTEE.. or ultra thick embossing enamel (a large particle embossing powder). First I melted some UTEE in my melting pot. I didn't add much UTEE here because I was only dipping a few flowers. The flowers started out as a lighter lavender color but after dipping, they will turn a darker purple. Keep this in mind as you plan the colors for your project. The hot UTEE will turn an amber color which is normal. 

These flowers have a wire to hold onto but I used a tweezers for other flowers I dipped. Do not touch the hot flowers! You can drag them on the mat to remove excess UTEE. When the excess cools, just pick it up off the mat (it doesn't stick!) and place it back into the pot to re-melt. If you aren't happy with a dipped flower, just stick it back in and dip it again. 


 Place the flowers onto the craft mat after dipping. The mat has a non-slip back side which keeps it in place while you are working. This is a nice feature when working with inks and hot UTEE. 



 Since the purple flowers have a rounded backside, I attached them to my card with a hot glue gun. 



 
 The sentiment was stamped over the same image that was used on the shutters, then punched out and popped on dimensionals. Be sure to check out all the projects this week on the Scor-Pal and Heartfelt Creations blogs! stamps- Heartfelt Creations Grand Portal Precut set and Mystic Hideaway Precut set, sentiment is a Michael's $1 stamp by Hampton Art; paper- white, SU! Soft Sky, Wild Wasabi, Concord Crush, Bazzill Vintage Marketplace; ink- Soft Sky, Wild Wasabi, Concord Crush, Memento Tuxedo Black; accessories- Scor-Pal, Stay Put Craft Mat, Heartfelt Creations Decorative Chateau Gate dies, Copics, Melting Pot, UTEE, Prima flowers, Sizzix Bricked embossing folder, SU! Decorative Label punch, dimensionals.    

5 comments:

Loly Borda said...

Beautiful Diane! TFS

Jean Bullock said...

I love this card. I pinned it. http://pinterest.com/pin/415386765601439190/ It's so beautiful.

Diana Crick said...

WOW, this is brilliantly done Diane, over the top drop dead gorgeous. Love how your dipped flowers accentuate the colors of the stamped flowers.The embossed background looks like old time plaster. What a beauty.
hugs, Diana
PS The Stay Put Craft Mats are being discontinued as the price to make them has risen dramatically. Once our supply is gone that will be it.

Sherri Everett Thompson said...

Gorgeous card, Diane! I love the dipped flower technique. I have never seen this done before-they look like resin flowers! Thanks so much for sharing!

Ravengirl said...

What a lovely card!