Saturday, May 25, 2019

Pinspired - Inspiration from our Pinterest Board hosted by Lois

Each month one of the members of the Scor-Pal design team looks back at Scor-Pal's Pinterest page and recreates a project, using their own design.  This month is my turn.  As I looked through the Pinterest page, I came across this fun project -- an Easel Calendar card, made by Virginia Nebel.


Many of my friends are avid Harry Potter fans (as am I), and I thought it might be fun to recreate Virginia's project with a Harry Potter-inspired one.


To start my card I scored an 11" x 8 1/2"  piece of red 110-pound cardstock at 5 1/2" and 8 1/4".


I then Z-folded at the score lines.


After adding strips of Scor-Tape to the last panel . . .


. . . I adhered a 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" panel to the front.


I cut a yellow mat panel 5 1/4" x 8 1/4" and some Harry Potter-themed pattern paper slightly smaller . . .


. . . and adhered them to the card base.


Using images from Kindred Stamps' Students of Magic stamp set and patterned paper, I created a little scene -- adding a small calendar to a black banner.  The "Platform 9 3/4" was stamped with some Just Rite letters and numbers, and the sentiment was computer-generated.


I then adhered this completed scene to the easel front and added the owl "bumper," which holds the easel open.  I used large foam pop-dots to adhere the "bumper."


Here is a side view of the easel.


It's always fun to find a project you like and make it your own by changing the theme or the colors or the images.

1 comment:

fusiafscrapping said...

This is such a great project! My son is also Harry Potter's fan.