Wednesday, May 1, 2013

SEI and Scor-Pal Week with Virginia Nebel




It's our 2nd post of Day 3 of SEI and Scor-Pal cross-promotion week !  Today, we will have a thrid post, so don't miss it!We have lots of fun in store for you, including wonderful projects and great prizes.  Every day, we will have 2-3 posts on our blog, and the SEI blog is going to be sharing projects and prizes as well. Leave comments on our blog, and Facebook page for entries to win.  There may be extra ways to earn entries hidden in the posts - so pay close attention for those chances.

So, speaking of prizes, here is what we are giving away:


A full-sized Scor-Pal!  We will also add a couple of rolls of Scor-tape!  Be sure to tell your friends, because you won't want to miss out on this giveaway!  Make sure all of your entries are in by Sunday, May 5th, 11:59 pm E.S.T.


I love making the side step card.  It's a fabulous way to use lots of pretty pattern papers to play up your card theme.

Today I am using SEI's Think of Me card maker paper pack, just flipping through this cheerful collection makes me happy, hope you have fun giving this card style a try!

Supplies: SEI Think of Me card maker pack, Scor-pal tool, EK success punches, diamond wrap.




The side step card fits flat into an envelope, when the card is open it reveals beautiful cascading layers.



Here is a little tutorial on how to create a side-step card:

 


You have just created your side-step card, have fun decorating each step!


41 comments:

Olga said...

Very nice and sweet card!

Lisa R. said...

Love these step cards! So unique. TFS joy4umetoo at hotmail dot com

Amanda said...

What a great card! Can't wait to give this tutorial a try!

Denise Bryant said...

Love this stair-step card! The Scor-Pal makes it look easy to get the measurements and folds just right! Great tutorial!

Beatrice Lawson said...

Beautiful card! Love Virginia's style in everything she does!

Tkat said...

ive tried this fold -- its fun! love the papers you used :)

Robin B. said...

Fantastic card, thanks for the inspiration!

Ravengirl said...

Love this fabulous card! A great way to show all the fun papers included in this pack!

Venus and Luanne @ Sisters Craft Cafe said...

awesome sidestep card! love the details and blings.

cghundley said...

Such a cute card. I've been
looking at the step cards,
but this is so easy! I'll
be scraplifting this for
sure!
Carla from Utah

Rae Ann said...

I love side-step cards and this one is very pretty. I can't imagine making one without a scor-pal.
Rae Ann O.

Sue D said...

Awesome side step card!

Jean Bullock said...

Wow. Thanks for the excellent tutorial on the side step card. I really want to try this. Your card is so beautifully decorated.

Teresa said...

I've never seen a step card. This is so pretty!

Tambo said...

I love this card! I would love to win! tfs Tami

jusaweecatnap said...

What a fun card. I love the way it stands up and shows off all its layers.

Sandi said...

cute card I love it

Loly Borda said...

I love this card! I know I can use lots of my collected scraps making this. TFS

Kelli Smith said...

Absolutely Stunning. Love the card design, papers & embellishments. Pinned it the second I saw it.

Unknown said...

Thanks for all the information to make this great card! It looks so professional. I'm looking forward to giving it a try.

eunice said...

Great tutorial. I've never heard of side-step cards.

Franca said...

Love the step cards and love to make them as a baby card

Hugs Franca

debb said...

I always love your tutorials and this week we are getting so many! Thank you!

Beth F. said...

This card is gorgeous! Thanks for the instructions on how to make it!

Leanne said...

I've yet to try this. Scor pal makes it so easy.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic card. Love step cards.

Anonymous said...

I've made several of these cards in the past but had forgotten about them. thanks for the reminder. They lend themselves to any occasion and are a lot of fun to devise.

christaj3 said...

So adorable! Yet another project to put on my to-do list (it's become a love-hate relationship... So many beautiful projects yet so little time)!

Amy Martin said...

Oh.. This is so pretty. I am trying this one. Thanks for the step by step.

Emily H said...

So sweet! I seriously need to make this!

jengd said...

I've been wanting to try one of these stair-step cards but haven't yet. This makes it look so easy- definitely need to give it a whirl.

Lynn said...

Very nice card !!

rush said...

wonderful tutorial thank you for sharing.

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Wow...thanks for the measurements and photos!!!

Veronika said...

Great card and inspiration.

Megan G said...

Love the card!!

Anonymous said...





will have to give this side step card a try - I can see many possibilities !

Caryn S said...

I've seen lots of tutorials for side step cards but never attempted one. I think this NSD I will have to try this tutorial!

Unknown said...

I love this! TFS! Been wanting for a tutorial like this:-)

Anonymous said...

Cute idea! Thanks for the inspiration

Vicki Romaine said...

A great example for using the Scor Pal.