Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Quick and Easy: Gate Fold Cards

Gate Fold cards are a great way to add interest to any card and move beyond the usual two panel card. With the Scor-pal this type of card is also quick and easy.
The card featured below is an A2 (4.25"x5.5") card that I created in a matter of minutes thanks to my Scor-pal and the special markings. To create this type of card simply cut an 8.5" x 5.5" piece of card stock to be used as a base (dark brown in this example). Place the card stock with the longer edge along the top of the Scor-pal and score lines at the 2 1/8" and 6 3/8" grooves. This is where quick and easy comes in to place- These two measurements can be easily recognized as are each marked with a small dot. Once the score lines are created simply fold the panels in and decorate! For this sample I lined the two outer panels with a lighter card stock and added overlapping rectangles for the image and greeting.  There you have it, today's quick and easy creation!


6 comments:

Sempermom said...

Very pretty, love the colors!

Tanya said...

Love it, have not tried one yet, thanks!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Fabulous! I can't wait to try it out, I just bought myself a Scor-Buddy today to go with my Scor-Pal.

Ravengirl said...

Very cute! I'll be doing one of these in short order!

ursula Uphof said...

A lovely variation on this fold. I like it

weze said...

just made a cute bday card with the gatefold. Thanks!