Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Meet the Scor-pal Team-Penny Wessenauer

Today, we are pleased to introduce our resident template designer and ever supportive cheerleader, Penny Wessenauer.


I'm Penny Wessenauer, and I'm a confirmed paper crafter.. I turned 61 in 2010 and will have been married to my husband Don for over 42 years in 2012. We live in the central highlands of Arizona, USA, which is at about a mile high elevation so we enjoy changing seasons year round. We absolutely love this area. There are so many fun places to explore in the area, and we do so on a regular basis.

We've lived in many areas of the United States throughout our marriage though. Before Arizona, we lived 20 years in the greater Los Angeles area, where our married children and their spouses, and our only grandchild still live. Because of this, we make frequent 7 hour trips back and forth.. and because Don was originally from Ohio, where the majority of his close family still live, we also make yearly trips to the east coast as well. Prior to our stay in LA, we lived 11 years in Pennsylvania, 3 years in Hawaii, a year and a half out on the Aleutian Islands (that long string of islands angling out into the Pacific from Alaska), and half a year in Pensacola, Florida. We have done lots of moving around in our lives, but have had a lot of fun too.

When we lived in Pennsylvania, when our children were small, I went back to school to complete my bachelors degrees in Interior Design. My Interior Design program was very architecturally oriented, with the learning of drafting skills of utmost importance. I was exposed to many art classes then as well, with color, texture, balance, proportion, and all the rest of that thrown in for good measure!

We moved to Los Angeles in 1985, and I found work as an architectural draftsperson in a small residential and commercial architectural office.. and later went to work for a large shopping mall--design, build, and management company. I retired from that firm around 1995, taking an early retirement.. Rubber stamping, follow closely by teabag folding, and card making soon became addictive hobbies. Digital decoupage design work for cards, and template design were more recent additions to my creative endeavors. I invite everyone to explore my work, and to use my 3d decoupage sheets and teabag folds and tiles as they will.


Thanks for letting everyone know a little about yourself, Penny!
 You can view Pennys work at: http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c191/d0npen/

33 comments:

Theresa's Studio said...

What an interesting life with all those moves and jobs. Will be checking out her work.

Anonymous said...

It nice to get to know a little about other crafters and the things they have done.

Jacque

Cyndie said...

Nice to meet you, Penny! You have moved around even more than I have, but to more interesting places. Wish I had your art background!

Carol N said...

Sounds like you've had a very interesting life, Penny. Its great to get to know a little about you.

angelique (anlou) said...

hiya sweetie
very nice to meet you hun
you've bin at many places, wow
congrats on your DT membership sweetie
have a great day to all
hugs angelique

Patti J said...

Hi Penny! It's so nice to 'meet' you! Cannot wait to see what wonderful creations you post here! Have a great day....

Oh, by the way - my grown son lives in LosAngeles and loves it, traffic, smog, and all!!! lol...

sempermom said...

Hi Penny,
its so nice to meet you!

genagirl said...

Do you think being an architectural draftsperson has helped with your papercraft? Are your more linear in your scraping or have you kind of turned your back on that and gone "wild & free" in your designs??

Unknown said...

Nice to meet you, Penny. I'll have to visit your site. You have so many talents.

Tanya said...

Hi Penny! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Penny! I'm already intimately familiar with your art, and I know you'll be a star player on Diana's DT. I'm looking forward to seeing where your creativity takes you now. :)
L'nH...

Anonymous said...

Tea bag folding sounds interesting. I'd love to learn more about that!

Stampersue said...

Hi Penny so nice to meet and read all about you.

Stampersue
X

Steph Ackerman said...

Hi Penny

Penny Wessenauer (d0npen) said...

reply to genagirl, who wrote:
"Do you think being an architectural draftsperson has helped with your papercraft? Are your more linear in your scraping or have you kind of turned your back on that and gone "wild & free" in your designs??"

yes, my background has been a significant help with my paper crafting, and has lessened my fear of that scary substrate, paper. LOL!! But yes, it also has created a high degree of linearity in my art that I continue to struggle with. Thanks for the question. *smile*

Deborah said...

WOW! What an interesting life you have lead. I look forward to seeing your work in the future thanks for sharing.

Melissa Hungria said...

Hello Penny! Nice to meet you! I'm off to look at your creations.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh I wished your link worked, I'm going to try to copy and paste onto google search and see if I can find the blog. Wow, lots of really cool experience, can't wait to see your designs.

Toni Storie said...

What a vast set of experiences! I can't wait to take a look at some of your work!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations and welcome!

Jacque

Wellnifty said...

Hi Penny, I love the card templates that you share, looking forward to see more of your work x

Nana Griffin said...

My congratulations to you!

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny...good to meet you ! You sure have been around ! LOL I live in Ohio (Akron)

Looking forward to seeing your work !

Patty Williams

Beth Norman said...

Congratulations on being selected for the team. I look forward to seeing your work.

Debbie Rogers said...

Very nice to meet you Penny and congrats on almost 42 years of wedded bliss!

Sharon in Arizona said...

Hi Penny - I enjoyed reading your post - how fortunate that you've been able to experience life in so many different places. You wouldn't happen to be living in the Prescott area would you? I'm in southwestern AZ but grew up in Prescott. Would love to hear from you. My email is smarch@wildblue.net. Now I'm headed over to drool over your creations. Hugs and smiles, Sharon :o)

Carla said...

Congrats, and I look forward to seeing your work!

ursula Uphof said...

What an interesting life Penny. You are a very talented lady and have come across your cards a number of times. Lovely to know more about you.

Auntie Em said...

Very nice to get to know you! Sounds like you are a very busy lady. Can't wait to see your work.
Thanks for sharing! :)

Unknown said...

You are all amazing. Love your projects! Hugs! Leah Ann

Riette said...

Hello Penny!! Nice to meet you!

Margie said...

Sounds as if you have led a very full and busy life! I'm always glad to know people like you. You are an inspiration!

Cami said...

Hi Penny! Oh no! It's Cami here again. It's so nice to learn more about you, and through our previous emails, all I can say is, you're a wonderful, sweet, patient, down to earth gal that makes friends easily and you exude a very warm personality! I'm so impressed with your work.
Hugs, Cami