Friday, July 8, 2011

Meet the Scor-pal Team-Tami Mayberry

Hi All!! Everyone at Scor-pal has been super busy lately working on special projects and fun things to share since starting the blog a couple months ago. 

So much to share! To start off I want to introduce you to the designers who you will be seeing around Scor-pal. I've asked each designer to share a little about themselves along with a favorite project and a photo so you can put faces with the names you'll be seeing.

Today, I'll start with myself. My name is Tami Mayberry.

That's me. Ok, honestly, that's me in 2007. Needless to say, I not a fan of having my picture taken! ;)  I am the Team Leader here at Scor-pal and one of the faces you'll be "seeing" here on the blog and on the Scor-pal Fan Page at Facebook. I am a wife and stay at home (homeschooling) mom of 5. In my “free time” I enjoy spend time with my friends and family, church activities, graphic design and, of course, creating with paper.  I am an admitted social media addict. I love Facebook and have recently started on Twitter. I love the paper craft industry, making new friends and keeping up with (aka shopping for!) all the great products out there. I have been scrapbooking since 1997 and card making and stamping since 2007. In addition to working for Scor-pal, I am a designer for DRG Publishers/CardMaker magazine and designer/illustrator for Gina K Designs. I won't bore you with the rest. If you'd like to know more I'd love to have you stop by my blog to say hello! ;)

Now, for the project part of the intro. I have owned a Scor-pal since 2008 when Diana was a sponsor at the CPS card sketch blog. Admittedly, at the time I didn't realize the *amazing* potential of the Scor-pal. Even with a small concept of how it could be used I fell in love with it with the first score! At the time I was using another scoring tool and it was rather frustrating. The Scor-pal was a dream come true just in the fact that I could score a card and not have it end up crooked or a big cut in the paper. I could also score 2 lines and have them perfectly parallel. I've used it ever since and always have it within reach. Well, the Scor-pal itself is always within reach. The Scor-tool seems to like to hide among the mess I make when creating so I have 3 or 4 of those! As I said, the Scor-pal has amazing potential as to what can be created with a simple piece of paper. But, it is also awesome in what you can do *to* a simple piece of paper and a simple design. I am a very clean and simple designer. With the Scor-pal I can add just the right touch to any creation. I love adding a simple accent to my cards by adding a few scored lines. Here are just a few examples where I have used my Scor-pal not only as a tool but essentially as an "accent/embellishment".






So, that's a bit about me. Be watching next week as I introduce you to the rest of the team!

9 comments:

Janet Baldwin said...

Great examples of how you use the Scor-Pal Tami. Thanks for sharing these with us!

Peachy Wessels said...

This is a great product and it is not far from my craft worktable. I tend to forget to use it for decorative lines like you showed on your cards. Thanks for the tips and reminder - it adds a lot of beautiful dimension to your cards and yet is so very simple to do! Good luck on the new blog. I can't wait to see your posts!

Patti J said...

My Scor-Pal and Scor-Buddy, and Scor-Bug are all within an arms reach of my workspace - cannot imagine life ever being without them!!! Your cards are wonderful, Tami, as always! Congrats on your DT gig here at Scor-Pal! I'm SO glad to see a blog - I'll be stalking ya'll every day! Hugs!

Unknown said...

Great card samples, Tami. Congrat on being a new DT member...

Debbie Rogers said...

Great cards Tami! I love my Scor-Buddy!

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Lovely projects. I have the Score-buddy on my wish list!

Anonymous said...

great examples of how a bit of texture adds so much dimension to the cards.

Auntie Em said...

You certainly rock the CAS style! The bicycle card is lovely and the thank-you with the striped paper, ribbon and buttons is so cheerful.
Thanks for sharing! :)

sempermom said...

ooh...LOVE the bicycle card, very pretty!