Monday, July 11, 2011

Meet the Scor-pal Team-Gini Cagle

Hello Scor-pal fans! I mentioned last week that we are going to be introducing the Scor-pal team over the next several days. Today, please meet Scor-pal Designer Gini Cagle.


I have been crafting all of my life, in one form or another. I was a very successful bead artist (you can see my work on my blog -http://ginicagle.blogspot.com/2009/11/my-beadwork.html ). I had my work published in over a dozen books and magazines, and lectured and taught all over the country, but...my beaded pieces took 500-1000 hours to complete. About 10 years ago, I started scrapbooking, when my first nephew was born. I instantly fell in love with the immediacy of the medium (compared to the crazy hours I spent beading!) In the past year or two, I have really gotten serious with the craft and love finding new ways to take my pieces to the next level. It's really funny to look at any of my work, from beadwork to paper and to be able to see the same style emerge, regardless of the medium. I have always loved dimension, and color and layers.

Paper crafting is really a family thing for me. My sister and l used to get together once a week to craft , but now she has moved right next door - so it's one big crafting party. And of course, my five year old nephew wants in on the action as well! My husband doesn't ever craft with me, but he is my biggest cheerleader, and is always supportive of what I do. We have been married for two years. We have a fairytale romance - we knew each other in high school and were friends, but went over 20 years without any contact, and reconnected on Facebook and quickly knew we were meant to be together. I work as a dental hygienist, so creating with paper is always a welcomed release!

Here is just one of the gorgeous creations that Gini has made using her Scor-pal:



Thanks for stopping by today and don't forget to leave a comment and check out this post to find out how you can be entered to win a Scor-pal, Scor-buddy or Scor-tape prize pack!

36 comments:

Theresa's Studio said...

Great post...enjoy meeting your team.

Cyndie said...

What a cute project! I love those colors, and your embellishments are amazing!

angelique (anlou) said...

hiya sweetie
congrats on your DT membership
your card is lovely hunni
hugs angelique

Patti J said...

Loved your post, Gini! Great project today, and congrats on your DT spot! Can't wait to see the rest of this team - you and Tami are already a perfect team!!!

Unknown said...

Great project Gini. Congrats on being a DT member.

Nana Griffin said...

A great idea and very lovely. Like the colors.

Jan Marie said...

Beautiful card. . .love the hidden surprise and the beautiful colors! I can see where the attention to detail so essential to beading has carried over to your paper crafting! Beautiful!

craftieodmae said...

Hi Gini and big Congrats!!!!! Gorgeous project!!!!

Wellnifty said...

Congrats on your DT post, sweet card x

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Wonderful card! Congrats Gini!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card. Looks complex, but seems easy enough to make!

Tanya said...

Beautiful card! Big congrats Gini! :D

Steph Ackerman said...

Beautiful card Gini.

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

Fun card.

Stampersue said...

Congrats Gini nice to meet ya! Lovely card.

Stampersue
X

reeree62 said...

Pretty card!!!

reeree62 said...

I just became a "follower"!

Debbie Rogers said...

What a great card....Love the colors and the embellishments!

sempermom said...

Hi Gini! that card is absolutely gorgeous!!

genagirl said...

I like this. I need to get one of these scor-pals!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so adorable

Unknown said...

Wow this card is awesome:) Welcome! http://visionsofpaper.blogspot.com/

Riette said...

I would love to see a step-by-step instruction of how to create a pedestal card please! This card is so pretty!

jean w. said...

Like the different style of this card! Thanks for sharing!

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Nice project!

sonyaeverding said...

Great project. Super colors....

Ravengirl said...

So nice to meet you and see you work! What a gorgeous card!

Melissa said...

Hello and welcome! Thank you for sharing your card with us! I look forward to trying out this fold on one of my cards. :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations and thanks for sharing your talent.

Jacque

Deborah said...

Love your project & love the blog.....oh & of course I love my ScorPal. It would be awesome to win any of these prizes thanks for the chance.

Anonymous said...

Hi Gini ! Nice to meet you. That card is fabulous and I love your bow !

Patty Williams

Jessica Y. said...

nice work! Wish I have a scro-pal

Carla said...

I think I would be the happiest girl in the world if my sister lived right next door! Congrats, and I look forward to seeing your work!

weze said...

WOW! that card is so breathtaking I would hate to give it away!

Auntie Em said...

I have been following your Beadz blog for quite a while and look forward to seeing your work on this blog as well!
Thanks for sharing! :)

Margie said...

Very nice card Gini. Thanks for sharing it with us. BTW- with your sis next door now and all the fun times crafting, how in the world do you get anything else done??!! Happy creating!