Thursday, August 15, 2013

Scor-Pal and Viva Las VegaStamps! with Lori Williams

 We have a fun week of inspiration to share with you today from Scor-Pal and Viva Las VegaStamps! Be sure to leave comments on our blogs this week to be in the running for great prizes.  VLVS will be giving away a couple of pounds of rubber stamps, and we will be giving away a Scor-Pal and a Scor-Envi.  The more comments you leave, the more chances you have to win!  



Scor-Pals are great for making boxes and dimensional cards, but do you think about it for decorating your card stock?  Today I would love to share with you how simple it is to make custom patterned card stock. 

Use your Scor-Pal to score the pattern you would like on your card stock.  I've used Core'dinations paper just so it will really show but you can use any card stock you like.  


Sand all of your raised score lines to accent the pattern



I've topped off my card with an adorable stamp from Viva Las Vegas, Plate #1432.  I love Roosters so this was the perfect stamp set for me.  





27 comments:

Cazzy said...

I love these techniques that you are showing us, and the stamps are gorgeous too! Love the card.

Anonymous said...

I love using the core'dinations paper and scoring it to make designs, borders, etc. Love your rooster

Sandra Strait said...

Fantastic layout!

Glennis F said...

Wow! Brilliant idea - I love that embossing!

Janis said...

The sanded scoring lines make a tiled look....kinda country-style that goes so well with the rooster. Love chickens, anyway, so your project really makes me crow!!!
<3 J

Unknown said...

lovey

cghundley said...

Very pretty card.
The strips add to
the look.
Carla from Utah

Tera Callihan said...

What an awesome card!

Lucy E. said...

Cute card! Your background is awesome!

Mickie said...

So cute!
All chickens are my passion. I want to do a wall in my kitchen with chickens.

Mickie said...

I love roosters and this is so cute!

jusaweecatnap said...

I love the effect of scoring and sanding to get a new texture out of plain cardstock. Funidea. Love the collage.

rush said...

love the embossed paper...looks kinda like a chicken pen. love the colors on the card! so farm-like.

Scrappin' Diva said...

Great card! Loving all the layers!

NWFlamingo said...

Nifty! Definitely something to crow about!

Benwah said...

Cute card. Like the rooster. Thanks

Diana Crick said...

French Country at its finest, gorgeous Lori.
Hugs,
Diana

Unknown said...

Gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous

Unknown said...

Very beautiful!

Lynn said...

great card . Thank you for the inspiration.

Lyneen said...

WOW, what a great trick for a background! I know I will try this!!! LOVE your combination of colors with the rooster! Great project!

Tera Callihan said...

Great card!

Lynn said...

Love this card !!

Carmen N said...

Love the chickens and fence!

SiskiyouSue said...

Great technique, so inexpensive and so effective!

Ravengirl said...

Such a great scoring technique on this card.