Friday, August 16, 2013

Scor-Pal and Viva Las VegaStamps! Week with Katie Tate

  We have a fun week of inspiration to share with you today from Scor-Pal and Viva Las VegaStamps! Be sure to leave comments on our blogs this week to be in the running for great prizes.  VLVS will be giving away a couple of pounds of rubber stamps, and we will be giving away a Scor-Pal and a Scor-Envi.  The more comments you leave, the more chances you have to win! 
 
Today I get to share my project with the fabulous Scor-Pal and Viva Las Vegas Stamps

I loved the stamps I chose and right away had an idea for a cute way to use them.



Project Recipe:
Stamps - Plate 1116
Medium - Copic Markers
Paper - Mementa
Die Cuts - Spellbinders
Brads - Unknown
Scoring Tool - Scor-Pal
Mat - Scor-Mat
Adhesive - Scor-Tape


For each drawer start with a piece of cardstock measuring 8 1/2" by 7". Score at 1" and 2", turn a 1/4 turn and repeat and repeat until all 4 sides are scored as in the photo.

Cut away the 3 squares on each corner as shown in the photo. Snip the remaining square to the score line to form a flap so you can create the corner.

A big tip is to cut the flap to make an angle as shown in the photo to make the corner easier to form and to make a crisper corner.

Add Scor-Tape as shown to the inside sides.

Turn over and add Scor-Tape to the flaps on the outside.

Form the drawer on the scored lines and use the Scor-Tool to create crisp edges from the inside out.

Each drawer is designed to fit the doll on the stamp plate.

To join the drawers a sleeve needs to made for each drawer. By creating each drawer individually means this project can be adapted to create as many drawers as you like. The sleeves are created from a piece of cardstock measuring 12" by 3". On the 12" side score at 2". 3" 7 1/2" and 8 1/2".

Check for a clean fit around the drawer and then create the sleeve using Scor-Tape to adhere. The drawer should fit snuggly in the sleeve. Add Scor-Tape on the outside to attach the drawers together.

The completed drawers before decoration.

Decorate the outside of the drawers with coordinating paper.

To create stability I made a top and base from a die cut piece with chipboard underneath it for strength. Attach to the top and bottom of the drawers with Scor-Tape.

I added a mirror backed with a decorative die to make the drawers into a pretty little girls dresser.

To make sure the mirror stayed in place I created a stand from chipboard covered in coordinating paper that was attached to the mirror and the dresser.

The drawers open to store the stamps, the paper dolls and clothes.

I stamped and colored 5 dolls and stamped and cut the clothes from coordinating paper. I plan on completely paper piecing the outfits at a later time.






This is a great project to give to any girl that loves fashion and needs something to do on an inside afternoon. The top drawer has room for a pair of scissors and a stamp pad so more dolls and clothes can be made when the fancy takes her.
I hope you liked this and make sure you looked at all the fabulous projects this week.

27 comments:

Pamela Haskin said...

I absolutely love this little chest! I think I will make one to hold gifts for Christmas. Mom will go crazy for this when she opens it and finds earrings and a necklace. And, it's perfect for my SIL's gift card. I think I'll slip little treats in the other drawers as well.

Donna said...

Gorgeous!

Janis said...

What an enchanting project! Wouldn't any little gal love playing with those.
<3 J

Lisa R. said...

Wow!!! Love this project. TFS

Lynn said...

A very cute project .. thank you for the tutorial .

jcobb said...

So pretty! thanks for sharing with us!

NWFlamingo said...

This is my favorite project of the week! I love paper dolls!

Lyneen said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! Any little girl would love this dresser full of paper dolls and dresses.... I love the idea!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Very cool project. We need some new little ones in the family so that I can make one. TFS

Cecilia Reyes said...

wonderful project. Thnks a lot!

Tera Callihan said...

Great Idea! My niece would love this!!

4Ucards said...

This is such a cute project. I would love to make this for my niece's fourth birthday. Thank you for sharing.

Loly Borda said...

What a cool idea! I have grand-nieces who would love to play with this. TFS

Lynn said...

Such a cute project. Thank you for sharing this tutorial.

Scrappin' Diva said...

What a cute project! TFS!

Diana Crick said...

Oh my gosh I can so see making this with my darling granddaughter Sienna who will be 5 in January. She is a Fashionista so would want her doll to have tons of clothes. Wonderful project Katie and great tutorial

rush said...

this is such a cute idea! thank you for sharing.

jcobb said...

This is just too adorable! Might have to make this for my niece! :)

jasann said...

This is a cute little chest of drawers, lovely for a child to play with

Unknown said...

What an AMAZING project!

Cazzy said...

That is just so cute! Those dolls remind me of my childhood! I just need a girl to share them with, or maybe I should make them for me! I love the dresser too.

Cazzy x

Noreen said...

Very fun idea for a little girl!

Noreen said...

Very fun idea for a little girl! I loved paper dolls.

Carmen N said...

What an adorable idea! I'm saving this one for when my little one is a bit older

Glennis F said...

This is such a stunning project - thanks

SiskiyouSue said...

Wow! What a conversation piece this would be! Your work is beautiful!

Ravengirl said...

This is such a good idea. It's really cute!