Monday, August 12, 2013

Scor-pal and Viva Las VegaStamps! Week with Abby Henderson

 We have a fun week of inspiration to share with you today from Scor-Pal and Viva Las VegaStamps! Be sure to leave comments on our blogs this week to be in the running for great prizes.  VLVS will be giving away a couple of pounds of rubber stamps, and we will be giving away a Scor-Pal and a Scor-Envi.  The more comments you leave, the more chances you have to win! 

Hi Friends! Abby here with ScrappinAbby and I'm really excited to share my Steampunk project with all of you that I created using Scor-pal products and the awesome Viva Las Vegastamps. I chose to create a Steampunk tag & tag box that you can use to hold your tags. I got my inspiration for the tag box from Bridgett Owen's Sticky Note Holder & Gift Box which you can see HERE.  I only used the measurements for the gift box and turned into a tag box and added an extra score mark which I'll share with you in the tutorial below. 
Products used:
Please check out my blog for the additional supplies used on this project
After picking out the card stock I wanted to use for my tag box, I cut the paper into a 10 1/4"x 4 3/4" strip
Lay your card stock lengthwise on your Scor-pal at the 3/8" mark and then make a score mark at 1"
Next you'll move your card stock all the way to the left edge of your Scor-pal and make score marks at 4 1/4", 5 1/2" and 9"
Turn your card stock 90 degrees and make a score mark at 3" and then fold along all of your score lines
In the next photo you'll see where I've trimmed off a portion of my card stock...this creates the flap you need to make the box
After making the cuts above and folding on my score lines, I placed the card stock back on my Scor-pal (see the photo below for placement) and made one last score mark at 4 1/4". This creates the flap to turn up into the bottom of your tag box.
Apply Scor-Tape to your card stock as you see in the photo below 
I happened to be using some distress card stock so I sanded the edges of my paper before I peeled off the adhesive backing
Next you'll assemble your tag box after you've removed the Scor-Tape backing
In the photos at the end of the tutorial, you'll see how I used a variety of papers and metal embellishments to decorate the tag box. 
For the tag I used one of the amazing images from Steampunk Plate 1336. I used a few different Distress Marker colors to give my stamped image some depth
I really love how crisp and clear the stamped image looked on this vintage piece of paper. 
Here I used some metallic gold ink on another image from Plate 1336
I somehow missed taking a photo of the shoe images I used for the background on my take but I wanted to use some two-tone embossing powder instead of ink for this portion of the project. You'll see the images in the photos below : )
This was my first time using the VivaLasVegas Stamps and I LOVE them!! Using them along with the Scor-pal products you can create some amazing projects. 
Thanks for stopping by the Scor-pal blog and for checking out another ScrappinAbby project.
Happy Crafting!!

26 comments:

Bette Abdu said...

Thanks for the fun project and interesting decorating ideas too.

NWFlamingo said...

That's some "Steampunky" goodness!

Tera Callihan said...

I love your steam punk style, this is a great showcase of both companys!

jasann said...

Thanks so much for this lovely tutorial, it has mammy day

Glennis F said...

Great project - thanks for showing

Loly Borda said...

Fabulous tag and tag box. TFS

Mickie said...

Oh that is so neat! Thanks for showing!

Diana Crick said...

Great project Abby. I love the way you decorated the box, very classy or should I say punked...lol.
hugs, Diana

Anonymous said...

Love your box and tag. Love the embellishments.

scrappylady said...

Great project! Gonna give it a try. Thank for sharing

Unknown said...

Amazing project! I love the box! The Scor-pal looks SO easy to use - thanks for sharing :)

jcobb said...

Thanks for the inspiration! I'm learning so much!

Lynn said...

Great project... thank you Abby.

Ravengirl said...

Such a fabulous set Abby!

Lucy E. said...

Your tag is so pretty! And the box is awesome!

Lisa R. said...

What a cool looking ensemble! TFS

jasann said...

Love the Steampunk look of this project!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Unknown said...

Great job on this project. It's beautiful!

cghundley said...

Wonderful project.
Thanks for the
instructions and
idea.
Carla from Utah

Unknown said...

fun idea!

rush said...

nice projects! thank you for the tutorial!

Janis said...

I do so much scoring, that I can see how convenient a Scor-Pal would be. Great project!!
<3 J

Scrappin' Diva said...

Gorgeous tag and box! TFS!

Benwah said...

Already you have wet my whistle for a project to try. Love the tag box. Thank you.

Lyneen said...

You are after my heart... I LOVE Steampunk!!! Love the box to hold tags and your tag is gorgeous. Great post!!!

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Wonderful projects