Monday, July 8, 2013

Scor-Pal and Clearsnap with Gini Williams Cagle

This week the DT's from Scor-Pal and Clearsnap have joined forces to bring you some amazing projects.  Be sure to check the Scor-Pal Blog and the Clearsnap Blog everyday for inspiration, and also to enter to win a Scor-pal!  Just leave comments this week on any of our Scor-pal posts, and we will choose a winner next week.

 It seems like the rain is never going to stop here, so I loved the sentiment that I used for this Upright Z-fold card.  This project uses a couple of different techniques, so I'm going to break them down for you, so you can make your own.

For the background paper, I took a patterned paper, and ran it through my machine with an embossing plate.

I used a brayer to apply Top Boss watermark ink over the top , and sprinkled it with Clear Embossing Powder and heat set the powder. 

I repeated the brayering and embossing two more times to build up a thick layer of embossing powder.


I inked over the surface with the Mix'd Media Inx in Truffle, and then used a paper towel to remove the ink off of the embossed areas. 

I set this to the side, and started the card base by cutting a strip of cardstock 4 1/4" x 11.  I placed the paper with the long side along the top fence of my Scor-Pal, and scored at 5 1/2" and then flipped the paper, and scored at 2 3/4".  Fold the base so that you have a small "tent" to the front of the card.

I adhered the embossed paper to the back panel of the card with Scor-tape.   I took a strip of gold paper 4 1/4" x 2 3/4" and used the City Girl Edger to cut decorative borders on each side.  A added a scrap of the embossed paper to the center of this panel and adhered to the bottom of the card. 

For my image panel, I cut brown cardstock 3 1/4" x 4 1/4" and covered it with the French Lattice Small.  I used the Coved Rectangle and Coved Rectangle Stitching Tool for my sentiment.  The stitching tool allows me to make perfect stitches around my border. I adhered the bottom of this whole panel to the base of the card.


The original directions for making this type of card relied on a tab on the back panel to tuck the front panel behind, to make it stand up, but I created a different method.  I glued a lace Corner to the back of my brown panel, and sat my card on the table, and used a Crop-a-dile to punch holes to line up with the opening in my fancy corner die.  I then ran ribbon through the holes in the card and laced it through the die cut and tied my bow.  This keeps the card standing upright, and can be untied to flatten the card for mailing. 

For the flowers, I used the Shasta Daisy Strip.  I inked the edges with Mix'd Media Chox in Butternut.  
  Then, I cut a small circle into a scrap of paper to make a template, and placed it over each flower, lining up with the center.

I spritzed into the opening with the Stephanie Barnard Tangerine Spray.  This kept the splatters just to the center of my flower.



I assembled the flowers and added some greenery to finish the card.

Clearsnap:
 Cheery Lynn Designs Dies:
Shasta Daisy Strip B310
City Girl Edger B308
Foliage XL Embossing Plate E127
French Lattice Small Frame FRM 132
Lace Corner Deco I B174
Small Leaves 1 D133
Wreath Strip B216
Build a Flower 2 Embellishments B188
Coved Rectangle Silver Stackers M-10
Coved Rectangle Stitching Tool MS-10
WorldWin Paper Cardstock:  Autumn Hay, Gold Ore,  Deep Coffee Brown, Medium Spring Green, Deep Spring Green
May Arts Ribbon: 3/8" Solid/ Two-tone  AF15
Verve Stamp Set - Brighter Days

22 comments:

Lisa R. said...

Gorgeous creation! TFS joy4umetoo at hotmail dot com

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

Such a stunning piece! Thank you for the tutorial as well!

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

This is just so beautiful!!!

Amy Martin said...

Wow. This is Gorgeous. The colors are amazing. I love it.

seau said...

This is a stunning card. I love the colors and the wonderful tutorial. I guess I'll have to dig out my brayer and try this. TFS.

Beatrice Lawson said...

What a great way to add texture! And love the way you just sprayed the middle of the flowers.

Lynn said...

Absolutely stunning . Thank you for sharing.

Jean Bullock said...

Awesome tutorial. Seriously awesome. The card looks wonderful.

Scrappin' Diva said...

What a pretty card! Love the techniques you used!

Scrappin' Diva said...

What a pretty card! Love the techniques you used.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! Thx for the tutorial .

Unknown said...

Stunning! Thx for the tutorial. I got several ideas from it.

Edwina said...

Wow! This card is gorgeous! I love it. The shape of the card is unique and I love the colors and embellishments. Thanks for sharing how to make this card. Edwina Brown edwinabrown@comcast.net

Anonymous said...

I love to make cards like the z-fold. they are so much more interesting than the usual single fold card. Your card is excellent. Good job.

Loly Borda said...

I love your card! I like making different folds too. TFS
(Gini I wonder if you got my e mails with my info as I won a prize here on June 2nd and I haven't got it yet).

cghundley said...

How fun this card is!
Lots of great details
and thanks for sharing
the way to spritz only
the center of the
flowers.
Carla from Utah

JPScraps said...

This is stunning!!

Ravengirl said...

Nice! Oodles of details make a gorgeous card!

Unknown said...

Well this is beautiful! Love the shape, the colors, the triple embossing! First class all the way!

Carmen N said...

Gini - I always think your creations are amazing!

Caryn S said...

Wow this looks awesome! I never think about using patterned paper in an embossing folder...let alone wet embossing on top of that! It adds so much!

Tanja said...

Very clever embossing technique (should call it double embossed - as it is both dry embossed and embossed with powder!)