We have really enjoyed having Joann Jamieson as our guest designer over the past 3 months - and I'm sure you have loved seeing her projects. Thanks for all of your hard work! ~ Gini
Hello again everyone,
It's Joann here again with something that I hope you will like. Unfortunately this is my last post as a GD for Scor-pal. I have had a blast creating fun projects for all of you and hopefully we will cross paths out there in blog land some time soon.
Now, on to the fun stuff, today I am going to show you how to make a Keepsake Box.
I used the drawer from my Scor-Pal Card with Gift Post and added a box on the top for 2 levels.
To make this Keepsake Box follow these simple instructions:
1. Build the drawer and sleve from the Scor-Pal Card with Gift Post.
2. Take a piece of 12 x 12 cardstock and scor on the 1 ½, 3 ½, 8 ½ and 10 ½ marks on both sides and then discard the portions marked with the X.
3. Using another piece of card stock 9 x 5 inches, place the card stock with the 9 inch side up and scor on the 2 and 7 inch marks. This will be your lid. To make the design for the flap I found a die that I liked and traced out the shape and fussy cut it out.
4. Form the top box and when complete attach the top box to the bottom sleeve.
5. To hide the gap between the 2 pieces, I wrapped the sides with DP and them attach the lid. I used magnets to keep the lid closed. If you would like to do the same, glue the magnets in place before covering with DP so that the magnet is hidden.
6. To finish off the top and bottom I used the 2 largest dies from the Cheery Lynn XL-3 - Square Inverted Scalloped and layered them.
For this card I used:
Cheery Lynn XL-3 - Square Inverted Scalloped
Thanks so much for visiting my blog and I hope you can come back and visit again soon!