Monday, July 8, 2013

Scor-Pal and Clearsnap with Diane Zechman

Scor-Pal is hopping with Clearsnap this week...a great combination!   Be sure to check the Scor-Pal Blog and the Clearsnap Blog everyday for inspiration, and also to enter to win a Scor-pal!  Just leave comments this week on any of our Scor-pal posts, and we will choose a winner next week.

 For my project I made a different type of Easel card, a Twisted Triangle Easel Card. I've been having fun with the Easels again and this little triangle version is a nice change. When the card is closed/flat, it looks like this...


 The butterfly, sentiment, and flowers were all stamped with Colorbox Stephanie Barnard Premium Dye inks by Clearsnap. The colors were great to work with and they clean up easily. I liked that they didn't need a lot of drying time. To make the Twisted Triangle Easel, start with a regular card base (4 1/4 x 11, scored at 5 1/2). Using a Scor-Pal, score your cardfront diagonally from corner to corner and mountain fold. That's it! All you need to add is your main image to the front and a small piece popped up on the inside to prop your easel open with (plus some patterned paper layers if desired). Here's my card propped open...

I stamped the ink directly onto the patterned paper and added another stamped butterfly to the inside.



This card is much simpler than it looks...try it! And check out all the projects this week on the Scor-Pal and Clearsnap blogs. stamps- Sweet 'n Sassy- Nature Silhouettes, Flowers in Bloom (sentiment), New Creature (sentiment), and Butterfly Flourish (small butterfly); paper- SU! Rich Razzleberry, Pear Pizzazz, Marina Mist, white, Kaiser Craft Utopia; ink- Colorbox Stephanie Barnard Premium Dye inks- Artichoke, Cornflower, Plum; accessories- Scor-Pal, scallop circle punch, dimensionals, adhesive pearls.

23 comments:

cardchemist said...

I love the Card and the easel is great!

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

Love your card and especially the color combo you used! So fun!

Amy Martin said...

Wow. This is a neat shape for a card and it is Beautiful too. I love all that color.

McStamper said...

Beautiful card. Love the colors you used.

Unknown said...

beautiful card and gorgeous colors

seau said...

I enjoyed your color combinations and your directions were nice and clear. I will have to try this one, it looks easy enough to do. Thanks for sharing.

Beatrice Lawson said...

Wow! Love the image, so elegant... And the deep colours, very pretty.

Lynn said...

I love the easel card . Great colours , Thank you for sharing.

Kiwi said...

Lovely card,great colors too!
AnnB

Jean Bullock said...

Lovely stamping. I like how you framed the sentiment with the flower stamping. the little popped butterfly adds just the right touch. The scalloped circle stopper also looks great. I have seen a lot of twisted easel cards but this is the first one that makes me want to try it. Thanks so much.

Scrappin' Diva said...

Diane I love this card. I will have to try this twist on the easel card. Great design and colors used!

Anonymous said...

merci de nous envoyer vos jolies réalisations

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

Fabulous card. I'm going to have to try this.

jcobb said...

I've never seen a Twisted Triangle Easel Card before. I love it and the colors you chose are just beautiful!

Edwina said...

So pretty! I love the image and sentiment on this card. I love flowers and butterflies. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

Anonymous said...

Great idea for the flowers - varying colors for depth. A very pretty layout.

cghundley said...

Lovely easel card.
Great choice of
colors used.
Carla from Utah

JPScraps said...

Gorgeous card!!

Ravengirl said...

Love the simple easel! Gorgeous images and inks Diane!

Unknown said...

This is one of my favorites because I have always wanted to make an easel card and was afraid to try. Also because it is absolutely positively GORGEOUS!

Carmen N said...

Nice job - I like the colors

Caryn S said...

I always think these twisted easel cards are so neat...this one is especially pretty.

Tanja said...

Lovely work, thanks for sharing!