Friday, August 22, 2014

Back to School Tutorials with Scor-Pal with Abby Henderson

Hi Friends! Abby here with ScrappinAbby. This week at Scor-Pal it's all about Back To School projects and tutorials. I want to share a tutorial with you today that is for my daughter who is going to be a Freshman this year. This is her first year to have a full size locker so I wanted to create something that not only could decorate her locker with but have it be functional as well.  I made a locker pen and notepad holder...
Let me share with you the quick and easy steps to create this holder... Select the card stock you want to use for the project then cut it to 12" x 6". Place it on your Scor-pal and make a score mark at the following measurements: 1", 5 1/2", 6 1/2", 11"
Turn the paper and make one score mark at 5"
Once you've made all of your score marks, you'll make the cuts shown in the photo below. This will allow you to fold the box when you assemble it...
Next you'll fold along all of your score lines...
Apply some Scor-Tape and then you're ready to assemble your holder...
 Once the holder is assembled it's time for some creative play and embellishment....
I thought it was fun to incorporate the fact that she's a Freshman this year along with her class year. All I need to do now is put some magnet tape on the backside and she can easily hang this on her locker door. When I showed it to her she loved it which is all I wanted. I hope you enjoyed my tutorial today and that I inspired you to reach for your Scor-Pal and create something fun for your kids heading back to school.  Happy Crafting!!

1 comment:

Martie Rollin said...

Love the idea of attaching magnets so your daughter can hang it on the locker door. Well done, Mom!