Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Wooden 3D Canvas by Abby Henderson



I have a really fun project to share with you all today that is just perfect for the new year & I love the name I came up with for this..."In 2013 The Sky Is The Limit". I used some gorgeous papers from Websters Pages along with some Scor-tape and my Scor-Pal of course : )

The Sky Is The Limit
Designer Abby Henderson

Supplies:
Scor-tape
Scor-Pal
Websters Pages Sunday Picnic & Everyday Poetry Collection
Tim Holtz Distress Ink
The Twinery
Prima
Mon Ami Gabby
Kaiser Craft
Pink Glass Glitter
Vellum

Instructions:
I started the project by using a blank wooden canvas from Kaiser Craft & I then decided which papers I wanted to use for the project.



I wanted to use my Scor-tape in a really unique way so I used it as my base for embossing. I put some of the Scor-tape on the pink portion of my rainbow...


I put a few crinkles in the tape so there would be some texture along with the embossing...


Next I peeled back the tape & sprinkled some pink embossing powder over the strip Scor-tape...


Here's a pic of the rainbow halfway embossed..I wanted to show you the difference...


I LOVE how this technique turned out...the Scor-tape in combination with the heat & embossing powder created this very shabby look which I love.


Nothing better than Scor-tape to adhere your papers to any of your projects...


Instead of adding an already made flower to the project, I decided to make my own..so I created a rosette using my Scor-pal. I cut a 1" strip of 12x12 card stock and made a score mark at every 1/4".


To create the rosette..simply do an accordion fold on your score lines..a back and forth motion and you'll have something like this...


Add some Scor-tape to one end (make sure you trim off one of the folds so you have a valley on one end and a mountain on the other..this is so you can overlap the ends and create the rosette). I added fabric flower I cut & topped off my rosette with some bling.


I wanted to create another visual & textured element so I cut used a 1" x6" strip of card stock and scored every 1/4" as I did for the rosette.


Instead of turning this into a rosette..I simply inked the edges and attached it to the top of my canvas.


I also used my Scor-pal to emboss some vellum that I cut into a kite.



Another creative way to use your Scor-tape is to put a strip of it on some card stock...sprinkle some pink glitter on it and voila you have a custom made embellishment.




Using more of the Scor-tape I added some strips of card stock around the edges of the canvas.



I love how this project turned out and I already have it displayed in my craft room. I hope I've inspired you to use your Scor-tape for other uses than just as adhesive...did I mention how much I love this stuff??

I have some personal crafty goals I've set for myself in the new year and I'm using this project as my visual aid to keep me on track for those goals. I hope that you too find that In 2013 The Sky Is The Limit!!

Happy Crafting : )

6 comments:

Lisa P said...

I love the look of this. Amazing techniques.

Ravengirl said...

Nice Abby! I particularly like the embossing with the Scor-Tape!

Tammy Q Howell said...

Love this. I have wanted to do a wall art piece for some time. Thanks for a great project

Glennis F said...

Love this project - I have never thought to use tape like this

Larissa Heskett said...

loving the ideas!! thanks for sharing and have a fabulous week!! =)

Life and Knits said...

Tami,
Your tutorials are always great! Thanks for sharing!

Susie