Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Pinspired - Inspiration from our Pinterest Board hosted by Patti

Hi everyone!
I'm the Pinspired hostess this month on the Scor-Pal blog. I found a really cute box that holds three nugget candies, and thought it would be fun for Halloween treats.  Here is Gloria's post that 'Pinspired' me:  


I linked this photo to Gloria's post, so if you click on the photo, it will take you there.

Here are MY finished boxes:


These were pretty easy to do, and I hope that you give them a try! 
I used my Scor-Pal Eighths, 1/4" Scor-tape, and 1/2" Scor-tape for this project.

Here we go....

Cut cardstock to 5 1/4" x 6"

On the 6" side, score at 3/4", 1 1/2", 4 1/2", and 5 1/4".

On the 5 1/4" side, score at 3/4", 2 1/4", 3", and 4 1/2"

Following this diagram, cut out all of the pieces that are marked with an X.

Your cardstock now looks like this:

Round the top two corners, and burnish all fold lines

On this side, add Scor-tape to the two side flaps (only the outermost flap, as shown).

Flip your box over, and add Scor-tape to the four tabs*.

Peel and remove protective piect from your tabs, fold them inwards, and bring your side flaps up.

Now, remove the protective cover from your side flaps and press them firmly to the inside of the box.

Your box flap should fold in and stay closed nice and firmly.

Here is the finished box.

*The one thing that I did on my finished boxes, was the punch a small 1/2 circle from the front edge of the box, to make a place for your thumb to lift the box flap.  You definitely want to do this prior to adhering your box together!  Here is a close up photo, so you can see the little half circle.





We hope you will give this a try!

That's it!  I made all of these boxes in one evening, and you can too!
Thanks to Gloria for some great 'Pinspiration'!

I hope you'll give this box a try. Don't forget, you still have time to enter the Monthly challenge at Scor-Pal!

Thanks for stopping by,

Patti J.

3 comments:

Sandra H said...

So creative x

Lori m said...

My goal for today is making a few of these cute and useful boxes, thank you again for the inspiration, hugs, Lori m

Dawn S. said...

These are so cute! I love all your Halloween images and sentiments.