We love showing our projects to you and now it's your chance to show your creations to us!
Each month we will have a different theme and you will have a month to create and enter your projects. As well as the theme you will need to make "More Than One Score" and tell us where you used the Scor-Pal on your project. So a single fold card won't count but an Easel, Gatefold, Stair Step, etc will :) Also we love to see your "Anything But a Card" projects, just as long as you make "More Than One Score"
This month our hostess is Janice and she has chose the theme of "Organization and More Than One Score" and we have a fabulous tutorial from her to showcase her project
Please note that you MUST include the theme as well as "More Than One Score", some people are not following the theme and therefore are not eligible for a Top 3 spot or the Prize, thanks. We have a nice set of samples from the Design Team, just click on their names to go to their blogs for more details on their creations.
The challenge ends at 10pm on March 31st and the new one starts on April 1st. Winners and our favorites will be revealed on April 5th.
Here is Janice's fabulous tutorialbr />
March "More Than One Score" Challenge: Organization
1.Find some card board you can use for the covers of the accordion file. I used an old cardboard mailer box that I had in my stash of old packaging (yes, I have a stash of packing!).
2. Cut two identical pieces to 6 1/4" x 9".
3. Use patterned paper to cover the two piece of cardstock, making sure that the inside edges are covered about an inch and a half in as shown in the picture below, then set aside.
4. Cut two pieces of card stock to 5 3/4" x 11", then score at the 1/2" mark, lengthwise, all the way across.
5. Fold back and forth at each score line, to create the accordion part of the file.
6. Cut a piece of card stock to 5 3/4" x 8 1/2", then score at 1 3/4" and 4".
7. Fold on the score lines and add adhesive to the side flaps.
8. Adhere center strip as shown below.
9. Cut eight, 8" x 5 1/2" pieces of card stock to be the separators for the accordion.
10. Adhere the two accordion pieces to one of the 8" x 5 1/2" separator pieces using Scor-Tape.
11. Skipping every other fold, adhere the remaining 8" x 5 1/2" separator pieces using Scor-Tape.
12. Adhere to outer cover using liquid adhesive. Once one side is glued down, press accordion file down and adhere the second side by "closing" the cover of the file over it and pressing firmly.
13. You file is complete!
14. To embellish my file, I added some velcro and created a cute flower clasp.
Voila! Thanks so much for stopping by and checking this tutorial out! Have a wonderful day and I can't wait to see what organizational projects you are inspired to create!
Here are the rest of the samples from the team.
We also have another surprise for you, another new team member! We would like to introduce the fabulous Katie K (yes another Katie) aka Inky Angel and here is her first stunning project.
Katie lives with her husband of 27 years and her teenage son in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. She works as a lab technologist in a Microbiology laboratory by day, i.e. microscopic bug detective, and is an avid crafter in her spare time.
Katie has enjoyed crafting all her life. She was introduced to card making by a Stampin'Up demonstrator in 2008 and then ventured into blogland in spring 2012. Internet has made learning so much easier and fun; the possibility is simply endless, thanks to all the crafters around the world.
Katie's goals for 2015 are creating functional and practical projects and combining her past and present crafting skills in her creations. Learning new techniques/skills will be her on-going plans.
Scor-Pal products are always must-have items in Katie's craft room. They have made crafting so much easier and fun. Katie is very excited to be part of the designing team and is looking forward to share her creations made with Scor-Pal products.
The prize for our winner will be a surprise package from the Scor-Pal Store!
1. Each entry must have "More Than One Score"*, mention where the Scor-Pal tool was used and follow the theme.
2. Entry can be combined with as many challenges as you like.
3. 3 entries allowed per person.
4. You must link back to the Scor-Pal blog to be considered for a prize.
5. No backlinks will be accepted.
6. Each challenge will last from the 1st day of the month until 10pm on the last day of that month.
7. Winners and Design Team Favorites will be announced on the 5th of the following month.
8. Entries not adhering to the rules may be deleted.
* "More Than One Score" means that a single scored fold card (ie: a simple square or rectangle) with no additional use of the Scor-Pal tool will not count as an entry.
Please add your link below and Good Luck!