Today we are excited not only about our very first Scor-pal blog hop but also to be
celebrating the first anniversary of our friends at The Twinery.
If you have been through the hop today you have seen LOTS of gorgeous twine from The Twinery being used. Baker's twine from The Twinery is made from 100% cotton, it's eco-friendly and made in the USA. Whether you're gift wrapping, crafting or tying up baked goods to give to a friend, baker's twine from the Twinery adds a fresh, yet nostalgic look to any project at hand! The twine comes in 14 delicious colors and is uniquely twisted against a bright white hue, creating an eye-popping burst of color and a creative embellishment! Baker's twine from The Twinery has lots of color which lends to a fun, candy-striped look.
And, of course, as a part of this great hop all of the projects along the way have also been created using a Scor-pal.
If you are new to Scor-pal here are just a few of the great things you should know:
- The slightly textured scoring surface is 12" x 12", with a raised fence at the top (with easy to read ruler markings) and on the left and right side. This aligns your paper for perfect scoring. No more crooked cards!
- Grooves are across the board at different intervals. A perfect combination of 1/4" and 1/8" grooves. Makes card making fun and easy.
- There are grooves at 2 1/8" and 6 3/8" for gate fold cards, at 4 1/4" for normal A2 cards, and at 3.666" and 7.333" for brochure folding (divides 11" paper into equal thirds) .
- When you place your card stock on the scoring surface, you are able to do multiple scores without moving the paper. Grid cards, accordion folds, boxes etc are scored in seconds.
- The score lines result in crisp, accurate folds! At the 0 to 1" mark and 11" to 12" mark there are 1/8" grooves. By proper paper placement this will allow you to score 1/8 " increments such as 1 7/8"
- The included scoring tool snaps into place at the top of the unit. It is always at hand. It has been specially designed to fit the grooves so the card stock can not be torn while scoring. Additional scoring tools can be ordered separately.
- Scor-Pal is the perfect tool for straight and diagonal line embossing on cards and scrapbook pages!
With a Scor-pal and baker's twine in hand, the design teams of both companies have joined forces for an amazing line up of projects that will show you the wonderful things you can create using a Scor-pal and baker’s twine from TheTwinery!
From boxes and bags to cards and 3D projects the creativity is sure to please.
Here's just a peek of what you should have seen along the way from the Scor-pal designers
Now for the PRIZES!!!
We are giving away an exciting prize here on the Scor-pal blog to one random person who completes the entire hop. That prize includes a baker's twine sampler from the Twinery:
and the mini version of the Scor-pal, a Scor-buddy:
The Scor-Buddy was designed for card makers on the go and has grooves every 1/4" across the board, plus 1/8" grooves for the first and last inch of the board. It measures approx. 9" x 7.5" and has a fence down the left side. A free Scor-Tool is included in the snap-in holder and it comes with its own faux ultra suede carry tote.
Want to win this great prize pack!? It's as easy as leaving a few comments! When you follow along with today's hop you'll want to leave a comment on each blog in order to be entered for the prize we have to give away here on the Scor-pal blog. We are the last stop on the hop and you should have came here from Diane Zechman's blog. If not, make sure you start at the beginning over at The Twinery's blog so you are sure to hit every stop. Since The Twinery is celebrating all week, you'll have five days to enjoy this hop, so relax and have fun! The deadline for commenting is 11:59pm EST, Friday, August 19th.
Thanks for stopping by and joining us in celebrating our first blog hop!!!
COMPLETE BLOG HOP LIST: