Sunday, July 15, 2018

Mid Month Tutorial by Lois

The Scor-Pal "More than One Score" challenge for July was "3 of a Kind" -- make a matching set.  Earlier this month I posted my 3" x 3" Note Tote and Matching card.  Today I am showing you how I made this set, using some Kindred Stamps characters based on one of my favorite movie franchises.


To make the tote, I cut a piece of red cardstock 3 1/4" x 7 1/2" and scored at 3 1/4" from each end.  I then trimmed the four corners with a corner rounder punch.


Then I cut a strip of red cardstock 1 1/4" x 8" and trimmed it with a scallop border punch.


I then cut another piece of red cardstock 2 1/4" x 8 1/2", scoring at 1 5/8", 2 5/8", 5 7/8", and 6 7/8".  This will be used to create the sides of my tote.



I adhered Scor-Tape along the top and bottom of the two end sections center section.


To construct the tote, I removed the protective paper from the Scor-Tape, lining up the long center section of the insert with one side of the outside panel, being careful to line up the corners and the bottom, and gently pressed it together.  I then folded up the other side of the outside panel, lining up the corners on each side of the insert, and pressed them together, forming the tote.


I cut a piece of white cardstock 2 1/8" x 9" and applied adhesive to one end and wrapped it around the tote, overlapping at the end.  I burnished the corners to create a crisp fold line and then cut a piece of star-patterned paper 2" x 9", repeating the wrapping process.


Using a piercing tool, I created a hole centered and approximately 1/2" down from the top of each 1" side panel.  I adhered the scalloped handle on the inside of each 1" side panel, piercing through the hole to go all the way through and then inserting a white brad on each side.


I then stamped, colored and cut out the characters and adhered two of them to the front of the tote with foam pop dots.  The rest of the characters will be for the 3" x 3" note cards and the larger A2 card.


The note cards were made from 3" x 6" pieces of red cardstsock, scored at 3".  I decorated the fronts with a panel of white cardstock and a slightly smaller panel of star-patterned paper -- adding a character to the front of each.


The larger card was made with a piece of red cardstock 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4" and folded in half.  Again I layered a piece of white cardstock and star-patterned paper, similar to the note cards.  I stamped the sentiment on a scrap of white cardstock and cut out with a key tag label punch.  I added two die-cuts made from a Sizzix die set called Scribbles and Splat as background -- and then adhered the three remaining characters with foam pop dots.


No comments: