Monday, June 25, 2018

Pinspired! by Ruza

Good morning! Ruza here as your Pinterest Inspired Hostess this month. I was inspired by this Fold Flat Soap Box created by Sam from the Pootles Blog.


The boxes Sam created are 1" x 2" x 4". Sam's tutorial can be found here. I really like the idea of being able mass produce boxes that fold flat for future use. However, I wanted a bigger box to hold a set of notecards and A1 envelopes.


The dimensions of my box needed to be 1" x  5-1/4" x 3-7/8", so I drew myself a grid on scratch paper, and started calculating the measurements. It was pretty easy to adjust the size to my needs. I took the width 5-1/4" and added 2" to get a width of 7-1/4". Then I took the height 3-7/8" (3.75") and multiplied it by 2 to get 7-1/2", and added 3" to get the height of 10-1/2". The 2" and 3" respectively represent the 1" side of the box.


The box I made is black so I created another box in white so you can see the Score-Lines.


I cut a piece of cardstock to 7-1/4" x 10-1/2". Scored 1" on all 4-sides. With the 10-1/2" side at the top of my Scor-Pal, I Scored at 4-3/4" and 5-3/4".


Using a ruler I gently scored the corners, as shown above. I drew the lines in with a pen after I burnished all of the 1" lines, as shown below.


Using your fingers gently fold at the corner scor-lines, and then use your bone folder to burnish the lines.


Your box will look like this.


Fold down the sides, as shown below, and cut the dashed lines (I wrote dotted lines on the photo). Make sure the you cut the correct side of the folds, or like me, you will have to remake your box. 😉


The dashed lines arrow show where to put your Scor-Tape. I used 1/4" Scor-Tape for my box. Please excuse the upside down picture (below) ... I have the "Top of the Box" at the bottom. Ooops.


Burnish the Scor-Tape, remove and adhere the edges together. It is best to do one side/section at a time.


Once again, I added 1/4" Scor-Tape as shown below with the dashed lines arrow. Burnish your tape. 


I didn't take the second batch of Scor-Tape off of the white box. The picture below shows the box folded, and ready for storage. When I am ready to use the box I will remove the Scor-Tape, and fold it together.


I folded the box, without removing the Scor-Tape so you can see the finished product. Once the box is complete, decorate as desired.



I'm sorry that I didn't get a picture of the box open with the notecards inside. I forgot to take one, and I no longer have them in-house. This was a gift for my Book Buddy who loves hearts.


I used my Scor-Pal Eighths Board for scoring my cardstock to create the box, along with 1/4" Scor-Tape.

I hope you enjoyed my Pinterest Inspired Project and give it a try. You still have time to join in our More Than One-Scor Challenge #49 ~ Pretty in Pink.

Until next time ... Enjoy!


No comments: