Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Mid Challenge Tutorial

This fabulous project was from one of team members in our current challenge and we wanted for you to be able to create it yourself so we have the tutorial for you.

It's time for a new monthly challenge at Scor-Pal!

This month, the challenge was to create a special gift packaging.  I'm the November
hostess, so I'm going to show you how I made my project this month!

With Christmas fast approaching, I decided to made a little box to hold some hot cocoa and fixins.

Here's what I made, using my Scor-Pal Eighths1/2" Scor-Tape, and 1/4" Scor-Tape:


Here is the completed project:


And here's how I did it:

First, I laid everything out to determine an approximate size of my box.
(Please ignore my post it pad - I forgot to remove it prior to taking pics)
After trying a few different layouts, I decided on a box that would be a finished size of 5.5" x 3.5", so...


I began with a piece of cardstock that measured 8.5" x 6.5", and scored it on all four sides at 1.5".

I burnished all fold lines, and trimmed in a bit on each of the flaps for a cleaner fold,
as shown below.  Scor-tape was added to all four flaps.

Here's the finished box.

Next, the box needed a 'back', so I took a 5/5" x 11" panel, and scored on the long side at 3/5".

The next step was to make a decorative top to the box, using a die, as shown below.

A piece of designer cardstock was cut to 5.25" wide, the same die was used to scallop the top,
and the length was cut to 6 7/8" from center point to bottom edge.
Add Scor-Tape to the back of cardstock.

 Here's the finished panel.


Adhere the patterned panel to the green base. Set aside.

Add Scor-Tape to the bottom and back edge of 'box, and adhere to your box 'back'.

It will look like this:


Cut 1 strip of cardstock 1/25" x 5/25" for the front edge of box.
Cut 2 strips of cardstock 1/25" x 3 3/8" for the two sides of the box.

Add some shredding material to your box.

Arrange items in box, wrap with cellophane, if desired, and deliver to happy recipient!


Thanks for stopping by today!

I hope that you'll make something fun this month, and enter it in the 'More than one fold' 'Special Gift Packaging' challenge at Scor-Pal

If we have 10 or more entries, a winner is chosen randomly, and that winner gets to shop in the Scor-Pal online store!  It could be YOU!!!

Have a great November!!!

Patti J.

2 comments:

Lois said...

That's really cute, Patti!

Unknown said...

What a perfect little gift!