Monday, June 26, 2017

Pinspired!

Each month a talented Design Team Member will choose a project on our Scor-Pal Pinterest board and get "Pinspired" by it!
They will update it, tweak it a little if they like, and share the tutorial here for you!

This month we have the super creative Toni


Hello crafty friends!  I'm here again with another Pinspired post for the Scor-Pal blog.  I found this pin for a washi tape storage box on the Scor-Pal Pinterest Board.  I got to thinking about the mess of washi tapes that I had sitting on my shelf and decided that practical was the way for me to go this month.
For this project, you will need:

  • Scor-Pal
  • Scor-Tape
  • One 6" x 12" piece of double-sided patterned paper
  • Paper snips
  • Ribbon and extra paper to embellish
Place the 6" x 12" piece of patterned paper with the 12" side along the fence.  Make sure the pattern that you want on the outside of the box is facing up. Score at 1" and 11".
Turn your patterned paper so that the 6" side of the paper is along the fence.  Score at 1", 2", 4" and 5".
Burnish all the folds and cut tabs on my 6 inches up to the score line.
Turn the paper over and line the second and fourth segments with Scor-tape from tab to tab. Remove adhesive backing and fold down.
Line the center tabs on both ends with Scor-tape. Remove adhesive backing and secure tabs on each side to create corners, and finally, your box. 
Embellish your box as desired.  I die cut and layered a  couple of stars and popped them up on the front of my box.  I also cut small slits in the front of the box and slide ribbon through it.
Voila!  A washi storage box to clean up my shelf.  

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Details -  Paper: Fancy Pants Hopscotch dp, Black Licorice (MFT); Accessories: Scor-Pal, Scor-Tape, paper snips; Spellbinders Star Nestabilities, star punch, stampin' dimensionals, craft knife, black organdy ribbon

2 comments:

Billie A said...

Awesome for washi tape. I like this. I made one for paper clips which was so handy.

Patti J said...

What a wonderful project! Thanks for sharing!