We love showing our projects to you and now it's your chance to show your creations to us!
Each month we will have a different theme and you will have a month to create and enter your projects. As well as the theme you will need to make "More Than One Score" and tell us where you used the Scor-Pal on your project. So a single fold card won't count but an Easel, Gatefold, Stair Step, etc will :) Also we love to see your "Anything But a Card" projects, just as long as you make "More Than One Score"
We have a very current theme this month, "Wedding and More Than One Score".
Please note that you MUST include the theme as well as "More Than One Score", some people are not following the theme and therefore are not eligible for a Top 3 spot or the Prize, thanks. We have a nice set of samples from the Design Team, just click on their names to go to their blogs for more details on their creations.
The challenge ends at 10pm on June 30th and the new one starts on July 1st. Winners and our favorites will be revealed on July 5th.
This months featured Design Team member is Lois Bak so please go and take a look at her blog for a more detailed post on her project.
I’m the hostess for this month’s Scor-Pal More Than One Score challenge. As this is June (the month of weddings), I chose Weddings as my theme. My project is a fun box which I learned how to make last year, and I will show you how to make one for yourself . . . or to give to the bride and groom.
Supplies you will need for this project are:
• Paper trimmer
• Adhesive runner
• 2 pieces of cardstock 6” x 9”
• 2 pieces of cardstock 6” x 6”
• 1 piece of cardstock 10” x 10”
• 4 pieces of patterned paper 5 ¾” x 5 ¾”
• 2 pieces of patterned paper 3” x 6”
• 1 piece of patterned paper 4” x 4”
• 8 pieces of patterned paper 3” x 4”
• Stamps, embellishments, cardstock as desired to decorate lid
Place one of the 6” x 9” pieces of cardstock longways across the top of the Scor-Pal and score at 3”. Repeat with second piece.
Adhere strips of Scor-Tape to the small section of one of these panels.
Glue the two small pieces together to form one long sheet of cardstock 6” x 15”. Cut two pieces of ribbon approximately 12” long at attach at center of each 6” x 6” panel at the ends.
Adhere the 5 ¾” x 5 ¾” pieces of patterned paper to the 6” x 6” pieces of cardstock
. . .
. . . and adhere to one side of the now 6” x 15” panel.
In the original tutorial that I had followed for my first box, the patterned paper (6” x 6”) was glued directly onto the long panel. I have found that, by trimming it by 1/4” and gluing it to a second 6” x 6” panel, it makes for a more sturdy lid.
Adhere the 3” x 6” patterned paper to the center and then adhere the remaining pieces of patterned paper to the other side the same way.
Your cover is now completed.
For the box portion, score the 10” x 10” piece of cardstock at 3” on all four sides.
Using your scissors, cut into the corners to create tabs.
Add Scor-Tape to the tabs and fold to create the box.
Now adhere the 4” x 4” patterned paper to the bottom of the box and four of the 3” x 4” pieces to the inside walls. You may have to trim these pieces slightly to fit. Test the fit before gluing down the inside pieces. Adhere the final four 3” x 4” pieces of patterned paper to the outside walls.
Apply Scor-Tape to the bottom of the box.
Adhere the box to the center of the bottom panel of your cover.
Your box is now completed. Decorate the lid as desired.
This concludes my tutorial for the June edition of the Scor-Pal More Than One Score challenge.
(This tutorial was originally written by Liz Walker for Splitcoaststampers.)
Katie - Inky Angel
The prize for our winner will be a surprise package from the Scor-Pal Store!
1. Each entry must have "More Than One Score"*, mention where the Scor-Pal tool was used and follow the theme.
2. Entry can be combined with as many challenges as you like.
3. 3 entries allowed per person.
4. You must link back to the Scor-Pal blog to be considered for a prize.
5. No backlinks will be accepted.
6. Each challenge will last from the 1st day of the month until 10pm on the last day of that month.
7. Winners and Design Team Favorites will be announced on the 5th of the following month.
8. Entries not adhering to the rules may be deleted.
* "More Than One Score" means that a single scored fold card (ie: a simple square or rectangle) with no additional use of the Scor-Pal tool will not count as an entry.
Please add your link below and Good Luck!